Subject: RE: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

1. Looks interesting.  It is difficult to know exactly what all the
materials and repetitions are in the test database.  I do notice they seem
to be in reverse order.  (That is, the most-recent ones tend to have the
lowest numbers, based on my examination of all the "Public Comment:
mix-height( ODF 1.2)" ones.  The information seems to be as you describe it,
below.

2. I assume that it is possible to edit other aspects of the entry, such as
components, affects versions, the description, the priority, etc.

3. It would be good to allow sub-tasks.  I don't see a button for that, but
it may be that is because I am not the reporter.  But subtasks will be
useful, especially for comments that have multiple parts and/or apply
differently to different versions of specifications.

4. I have added some issues to the main repository, but I have not seen any
e-mail notices.  They may have gone un-noticed in my junk mail filter, but I
don't think so.  I just added another and it hasn't shown up anywhere that I
can see.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200905/msg00009.html
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 12:26
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

I have the python script working now to migrate comments from the
office-comment list into JIRA.  Mary set up a sandbox project for me to
experiment in and you can see the results there:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mod
e=hide&pid=10028

What I have done is:

JIRA summary = "Public Comment: " + original comment subject line
JIRA data = current date (unfortunately there is no ability to set the
JIRA data back to the original date)
JIRA reporter = me (again, JIRA does not allow me to set it to the name of
the original comment author)
JIRA type=bug (the default)
JIRA description = a paragraph indicating the original date and author of
the comment, as well as a navigable link back to the original post

Once I kick this off on the TC's production JIRA project, I'll need to go
back and reapply the decisions from the Registry of Comments spreadsheet.
But that should be straightforward, just a lot of clicking.  We should be
able to start processing new comments in JIRA on the next TC call, or
maybe the one after that.

Please take a quick look at the test project and let me know if anything
looks horribly wrong.  If the test migration goes well I will kick off a
real one overnight.  This may generate 100's of notification emails to the
list, and if so I apologize in advance.   Luckily this will be a one time
conversion.