Subject: Re: [office] JIRA permissions/Editors SC

Hi,

I am also interessted in getting extended permissions in JIRA in order
to resolved our editorial notes issues. Thus, I would also join the
editor's SC, if it will be founded.

Best regards, Oliver.

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> Dear TC members,
>
> you may have noticed already that JIRA permits you to submit new issues
> and to comment on them, but doesn't permit you any other operations,
> like advancing the status of an issue, settings its resolution or
> closing it. The only TC members that are currently allowed to do that
> are the TC chairs and the TC editor.
>
> It is obvious that at least the chairs of the formula SC and the
> ODF-Next SC require more permissions to be able to process the issues
> relevant to their SC. But it may also be reasonable that TC members who
> are working on the resolution of larger sets of JIRA issues get some
> more JIRA permissions. For a limited number of issues Rob, Patrick and
> myself are glad to maintain the issues based on comments that you add.
> But if you intent to provide resolutions for a larger set of issues, it
> may be advantageous if you could manage the relevant issues yourself.
>
> The way to achieve this is to found an Editors sub committee. This would
> be a very lightweight sub committee actually. Its only purpose is to
> define the group of TC members who have the permission in JIRA to manage
> issues. We wouldn't use any other functionality of the SC than its
> roster, that Mary then would use to maintain JIRA permissions.
>
> It seems that we won't have a call on the 15th, and Mary further will
> not be available for processing TC requests from the 9th to the 24th.
> For that reason, I would like to propose that we have a resolution on
> Monday to found that SC, even though I know that this is on short
> notice. I would further like to ask you to let us know if you think that
> you will be able to work on the resolution of a larger set of JIRA
> issues during the next months or so, so that we can add you to the
> initial group of SC members.
>
> The OASIS TC process requires us to define a name, purpose, deliverables
> and chairs, even though this would not really be required in our case.
> That's my suggestion
>
> SC Name: OpenDocument Editors
> Statement of purpose: Maintenance of the TC's JIRA issues.
> Deliverables: none
> Chairs: Rob Weir, Michael Brauer (that means just the ODF TC's chairs)
>
> Thank you
>
> Michael

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer