Subject: Re: [office] Giving 120%

Andreas,

I suspect, but don't know, that the answer to your question and the one
by Dennis depends upon the representation of the color space of an image
and then the application of the -100% to 100% to that value.

But in the absence of knowing that value, I don't think the percentage
values are going to be very informative.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 05:41 -0400, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>
>> draw:red, draw:green, draw:blue all control RGB channels. The color of
>> any image is set elsewhere and these three attributes represent
>> *changes* in the RGB channels for the rendering of that image.
>>
>> Thus, a setting of -100% for draw:red, allows no input from the red
>> channel. A setting of 0%, does not modify the value of the red channel
>> for this image. A setting of 100% sets the red channel to maximum.
>>

> On second look, this does not make sense. Suppose we are starting of
> with a channel strength of 1A for blue, we can then obviously only going
> down to 00 which would be -100%. +100% should be 2B. SO we are not
> allowing this to be turned up even further?
>
> If we are allowing -100% we really should at the other end be open (or
> at least go to _much_ further.
>
> Andreas

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34