Subject: RE: [office] Comments on draft response

Here are some problems that I notice with this approach.

1. I agree, that a proper errata that is anything more than an SC34
disposition response is better organized in section order, and in page and
paragraph order within a section when there are multiples or they apply to
more than one place.

2. This is clearly a response to SC34 and does not even provide an
indication of what these are about or what the original defect items are
(and I like the idea of retaining the links to the JIRA issues).

  2.1 In some cases, it is not possible to know what the response is talking
about, because the response is not an erratum.  See the response to JP2-4,
JP2-18, JP2-23, JP2-25, JP-27, JP-29, JP-34 (which references to itself as
JP2-34 in what is evidently an infinite loop).  I don't know why some are
JP2- and some are JP-.  JP2- is used consistently in SC34 N1078.

  2.2 Along with this, the JP-35 response refers to language (and section
titles) in IS 26300 that are not the language (or referenced IETF RFCs) in
the OASIS Standard for ODF 1.0.  This is no closer to resolving this one
than when the same defect was deferred in Errata 01.
  I recommend that we continue to defer this item until we figure out what
we really want in the ODF 1.2 counterpart and then see how to reflect that
in any future errata.
  If on the other hand, if this is entirely a response to the defect report
on IS 26300, and is identified as such, I have no objection, of course.

3. I notice that some of the responses make multiple changes, sometimes in
more than one section of the specification.  It is difficult to know if
there are collisions with each other and with previous errata.  I think that
is another reason for using a form that is organized by section and in the
progression of content within a section.

4. It strikes me that one reason for being anal about how one produces
errata is to (1) protect ourselves from our own carelessness and (2) make it
easy for others -- including our fellow committee members -- to confirm that
and be confident in our care in the matter of errata.

 - Dennis