Subject: RE: [office] ODF 1.2 Part 1 Public Review Ballot Motion

I would like to second Dennis' motion to make the public review 90 days.  Given the holidays I think that with a 60 day review period, people are unlikely to set aside time to review it.  With 90 days, I expect that we are more likely to get meaningful feedback and it be more efficient in getting to the end.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 11:33 AM
To: Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM
Cc: office@lists.oasis-open.org; robert_weir@us.ibm.com

I don't understand how we actually deliberate on and vote on a motion that
is made on the list.  I don't think I have ever encountered this case in
practice.

So, as a point of procedure, I request that an e-Vote be made with the
motion with any modifications accepted by the mover (Michael) and a seconder
(Rob Weir?).

Also, isn't there some sort of majority and roll-call vote required to go to
public review (and even cd)?  I assume that an e-ballot would provide for
that.  Not sure how we would do so on the list.

I request that the motion be subdivided so that the acceptance as committee
draft is resolved before acceptance for public review.

I request that the public review be for 90 days for reasons that I have
already given concerning year-end holidays and the significance and
extensiveness of the material involved in this review.

 - Dennis