Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2009-12-14 (corrected twice)

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2009-12-14

* Begin 9:34 EST

* Rollcall

+Andreas Guelzow
Cherie Ekholm
+David Wheeler
+Dennis Hamilton
+Donald Harbison
+Doug Schepers
+Eike Rathke
+Eric Patterson
+Jomar Silva
+Michael Brauer
+MingFei Jia
+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
+Patrick Durusau
+Peter Junge
+Rob Weir (presiding)
*Svante Schubert
+Thorsten Behrens
+Xiaohong Dong

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent
Non-Voting members with an *.

- 16 of 16 voting members (100%) were in attendance, so quorum
requirements
were met.

- Membership notes: Cherie will gain voting rights at the adjournment of
this meeting.

* Posted agenda was approved by unanimous consent.

* Minutes of the December 7th were approved by unanimous consent.

* It was agreed that the meeting of December 28th will be canceled.

* Discussion of ODF 1.2

- Part 3 is out for public review, to end in mid-January.  We've received
a few comments, mainly from SC34 experts and Dennis, but may get more as
the deadline approaches.

- The to approve the CD and PRD for Part 1 runs until 23:45 this evening,
Eastern Standard Time.  Voting members are encouraged to register their
vote.  If the ballot passes (and it appears that it will), the following
tasks need to be done:

1) Update the draft with the new name "CD 04" and approval date
2) Upload the draft in ODF, HTML and PDF formats
3) Namespace document for all URL-based namespaces declared
4) Create JIRA version corresponding to "Part 1, CD 04" so we can better
track public comments entered specifically for this version.

Michael owns the above tasks.

- The OpenFormula TC continues to meeting alternate Tuesdays.  Current
focus is on financial functions, the conformance clause, and generally
moving subsidiary informative material to an annex.

* ODF 1.0 maintenance

- A ballot for DCOR-1 of ISO/IEC 26300 has been submitted to SC34 NBs.
This corresponds to our ODF 1.0 Approved Errata 01.  That ballot runs
three months until March 8th, 2010.  The TC should plan to discuss any
ballot comments received on our March 15th meeting, so we have a response
prepared for the SC34 meeting which is held the following week.

- There was some discussion of "implementation-defined" versus
"implementation-dependent".  The TC agreed that it may be appropriate to
use "implementation-dependent" to resolve ODF 1.0 defects where a more
specific statement would result in changing the conformance requirements.
This resolution should be considered when developing a response to
outstanding and future SC34 defect reports.

- There was discussion of the interest expressed by some SC34 experts in
an amendment of ODF 1.0 to align it with ODF 1.1.  The TC took note of
this interest and briefly discussed some of the practical challenges this
would involve, including the fact that OASIS ODF 1.1 lacks the corrections
that have been applied to ODF 1.0 via Approved Errata. Discussion on this
topic will continue.

* Adjourned at 10:20 EST