Subject: RE: [office] RE: Directories in Zip packages

+1 on the recommendation.

I think we have the framework of an agreement about this.  Needs an issue
for Part 3.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: David LeBlanc [mailto:dleblanc@exchange.microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 15:55
To: Bob Jolliffe; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: Hanssens Bart; Svante Schubert; ODF TC List

[ ... ]

Given the time constraints, I'd propose doing the following:

1) Ignore empty directories.
2) Do not make a transform that captures the directory structure of the
archive, because it does not affect the appearance or content of the
document.
3) In vNext, we should work on defining what must be signed in a more
refined manner, paying attention to what affects content and/or appearance
and what does not.

[ ... ]