Subject: Re: [office] Next steps in completing ODF 1.2

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 02:04 -0600, Michael Brauer wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 01:17 -0600, Michael Brauer wrote:
> >> 1) After the TC call next Monday, we will retarget all new open ODF
> >> 1.2
> >> issues to ODF-Next
> >>

> >> 2) We only accept new issues with a CD06 target under the following
> >> conditions:
> >>
> >> a) the issue comes with an uncontroversial resolution.
> >> (Uncontroversial
> >> will be mean that there are no "-1" votes in JIRA)
> >>
> >> b) or, the TC votes that the issue is important enough to further
> >> delay
> >> ODF 1.2.  TC members can request an ODF 1.2 CD06 target on the mailing
> >> list. If that request is seconded by another TC member, the approval
> >> of
> >> the target takes place in the next TC call.
> >>
> >> Note that any specific issues deferred to ODF-Next may be
> >> re-targetted
> >> to CD 06 according to a) or b).
> >>

> > I believe this suggestion violates the spirit of the required public
> > review. Any new approved CSD will go to a public review during which we
> > may receive comments both on the comment list as well as directly from
> > TC members. We need to address those comments on a one-by-one basis
> > rather than a genral referral to ODF-Next.
>
> This suggestion is intended to be in place until the CSD for the next
> public review is ready only. If we receive comments during the follow-up
> public review, we of course need to address them individually.
>
> Please note however that the requirement is:
>
> "The TC must acknowledge the receipt of each comment, track the comments
> received, and post to its primary e-mail list its disposition of each
> comment at the end of the review period."
>
> I'm not recommending that we defer all further comments that we receive
> during the public review automatically to ODF-Next, but deferring an
> issue is anyway a permissible action.

Your initial message as well as your reply appear to imply that for
current JIRA issues there are only two possibilities, namely to fix them
for CD06 or to move them to ODF-Next, when in fact there should also be
a target CD07. While we can hope that CD07 should not be necessary we
cannot know whether it will be until we have received all comments
during the next public review.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow <andreas.guelzow@concordia.ab.ca>