Subject: Re: [office] Change tracking requirements comments

On 17/03/2012 19:31, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
12, 13, 15, 20, 21 and 27 seem to all be variations on a common concern:  ODF is a standard for a document format.  It is not a standard for a word processor or other editor, beyond some formatting and layout guidance.  In particular we have not defined the permissible editing operations for an editor.  I think this is the key question.
I agree this is a key question, and I think you mean that in a document format it is not appropriate to define the editing operations... but this is a contentious issue I believe (understandably). Are we trying to track editing operations or changes to the document (see 35)?

Robin
Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Experts in information change"
T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com
http://www.deltaxml.com
Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK