Subject: Re: [office] OFFICE-3768 empty cell proposal for section 4.7

The attached file has in A1:
and in A2:

B1 and B2 have formula calls to determine whether A1 and A2 respectively are blank.

When I open the file in Gnumeric 1.12.47 they both return TRUE.

When I open the file in Libreoffice 5.1.6.2 I also get TRUE !?

Andreas

On 2020-05-03 6:26 p.m., Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas J Guelzow schrieb am 03-May-20 um 23:51:
Hi,

For me (and Gnumeric), this is an empty cell:

<text:p/>

After reading

<text:p/>

and

are indistinguishable. The <text:p/> element exists only as markup in the saved file, not in the idealized spreadsheet. Wanting to distinguish between these two requires that otherwise completely identical cells would have meta flag whether they are empty or not.

Was it changed in Gnumeric? I have tested it with the GnumericPortable_1.12.17 for Windows (newer one does not exist).
For a cell A2 generated from markup
ÂÂÂÂ <table:table-cell table:style-name="ce2" office:value-type="string">
ÂÂÂÂÂ <text:p/>
ÂÂÂÂ </table:table-cell>
the function ISBLANK(A2) returns FALSE here.

Kind regards
Regina

Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD FTICA

Registrar & Director of Enrolment Services

Professor, Mathematical & Computing Sciences

Direct: +1 780 479 9290
Toll-Free: +1 866 479 5200

Concordia University of
                                        Edmonton

concordia.ab.ca

Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Twitter Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Instagram Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Facebook