Subject: Notes from ODF TC teleconference, 27 June 2022

Greetings!

Apologies for the computer woes today. A snapshot widget sprung a memory leak and overheated my cpus after consuming 9 GB of memory, for a 45k image. Yeah, I know better but this isn't my default machine.

Notes from today's call follow below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

***********

*anonymous1 morphed into Patrick*

*anonymous morphed into Svante*

*Patrick:*quorum yes

*Patrick:*Regina move #6 to #5 to discuss first, then 5 becomes 6, etc.

*Patrick:*With that change - agenda approved by consent

*Michael Stahl:*hmm let me try to dial in again

*Patrick:*minutes of 20 June 2022 - approved by consent

*Patrick:*#4 - no TC meeting next week

*Patrick:*#5 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202205/msg00000.html

*Regina Henschel:*The ODF TC likes such feature and has created issue ... for it. We are looking forward to work together with an implementer to standardize it.

*Patrick:*Regina - create issue, assign to ODF Later, answer as proposed by Regina

*Patrick:*Svante might assist with readers

*Patrick:*Svante - suggest he fill out a suggestion of what needs to be done

*Patrick:*Andreas - most of it has nothing to do with the file format -

*Patrick:*Regina - screen readers will read the ODT format - marks what not to read -

*Patrick:*Andreas - request is to tag an object as decorative

*Patrick:*Regina - he mentions the use cases as motivation

*Patrick:*Regina says what is decorative is up to the author - interesting

*Patrick:*Resolution: Patrick to create issue, ODF Later, reply as suggested above.

*Patrick:*19.615.2 <table:filter-condition>: Extend table:data-type attributes to filter by color

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4107

The value "window-font-color" is described for the table:data-type value text-color only while the schema allows this value also for the table:data-type valuedata-style-color. Is that intended?

Research from Regina: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202206/msg00027.html

*Patrick:*Michael, 1-4 look odd but have always been that way. other cases look as expected

*Patrick:*Andreas: with table:data-type="data-style-color"Â table:value="window-font-color"

we need to change the text as written.

*Patrick:*Regina - window-font-color - same as Excel term automatic

*Patrick:*automatic filter for color

*Svante:*#10 - Office-4129 -https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4129 - Addition to style:vertical-relÂÂ Allow area above page content area

*Francis Cave:*Regina - Sympathetic with Alfred's point.

*Francis Cave:*https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4121

*Francis Cave:*Patrick - New attributes should be listed "separately".

*Francis Cave:*Alfred - At the end of the section containing existing attributes.

*Francis Cave:*Patrick - Possible case for adding an index?

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau