Subject: Re: [office] Agenda for August 15th ODF TC Teleconference meeting

Hi,

please see below

On 2022-08-13 8:32 a.m., Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Andreas,

your mail did not go to the list, but wording indicates, that is was intended for the list. In that case you can forward my answer to the list.

Andreas J Guelzow schrieb am 11.08.2022 um 04:07:
Hi,

I appreciate Regina's suggestion of a compromise but it still widens what is considered a conforming OpenDocument Document. I have no issue with widening the definition of a conforming OpenDocument Extended Document but I still think that interoperability with respect to conforming OpenDocument Document should not so completely depend on the goodwill of the implementers.

I do not see, that it widens the current definition of "conforming".

In my understanding the current conformance clause 2.2.1 D.3) does not say, that the namespace shall be "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2". But it says, _if_ the used namespace is "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:of:1.2", then syntax and semantic shall conform to Part 4.

I read this as that the conformance clause provides only two options.

Moreover, since the document cannot be interpreted reasonably without the consumer being able to understand these attribute values the third option cannot be acceptable.

As I mentioned in the meetings, using a differnet name-space is akin to using foreign elements. So it should at most be allowed in conforming Extended OpenDocument Documents.

Andreas

(The remainder of Regina's message has been omitted.)

--

Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD FTICA

Registrar & Associate Vice-President, Enrolment and Planning

Professor, Mathematical & Computing Sciences

Direct: +1 780 479 9290
Toll-Free: +1 866 479 5200

Concordia University of
                                        Edmonton

concordia.ab.ca

Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Twitter Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Instagram Concordia University of
                                      Edmonton Facebook