oic message

Subject: Re: [oic] possible interop event (March, NL)

"Hanssens Bart" <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be> wrote on 12/18/2008 04:09:50 AM:
> my colleagues of the Dutch government are planning to organize an
> event on open standards (and also on open source), on March 5th,
> probably in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
>
> One of the suggestions was to have an ODF interop session, with
> the emphasis on doing some real testing, rather than giving
> presentations (could be a short session, or a whole day, depending
> on the participants and the scenarios)
>
> For practical reasons, this would not be an official OASIS interop
> Demo, but a more informal plugfest with members and non-members.
> Of course, participants would be strongly encouraged to submit
> their results to this TC using the OASIS mailing lists and/or wiki.
>

> Anyway, I guess many of the TC members could be interested in this
> event, so the question I raise here is:
>

> * would you (or other experts from your company or organization) be
> interested in participating in an ODF interop session during this
> event ?

I am interested, of course.  But the hard part, in this economy, is to get
financial approval for international travel.  It was very hard to get
approval to go to Beijing, for example, even though I was leading an
interop workshop and panel discussion.

A full-day or even multi-day program would make the trip more valuable,
compared to a short session.  Of course, having designed exercises for
such events before, I know how difficult that is.  This will be easier
once our TC has created some real test cases to run.

-Rob