oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] possible interop event (March, NL)

Title: RE: [oic] possible interop event (March, NL)

Hello,

well as far as I know the agenda of the congres is still a work in
progress. The Netherlands has a yearly conference on open standards
and open source, and one of the ideas that came up during MS's DII
Workshop in Brussels was to do "an ODF interop plugfest" (regardless
the business model of the software) before or during this conference.

Depending on the number of interested parties and the facilities /
time slots provided by the organizer (have to check, bit of chicken-
and-egg prob) "we" could perhaps go for a session, or a whole day
(either during the main conference, or as a workshop in parallel, or
the day before... to be determined)

Personally, I would opt for example, for a session of really testing
interoperability of ODF forms with various tools/products (and submit
the results to the OIC), and perhaps another session on ODF to PDF
(since many ODF-capable products also happen to have PDF-export)

Other scenarios are welcome of course, just collecting ideas...

Best regards,

Bart