oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] assertion test, first attempt

"Hanssens Bart" <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be> wrote on 04/21/2009 05:32:30 PM:

> Autch, I still have to fix the PrescriptionLevel: in the XML, I set
> the level to "required", with the prerequisite that the implementation
> supports the element (since the spec does not mandate the use of meta-
> data)
>
> So that would boil down to:
> - IF implementation supports Foo THEN it MUST do it like Bar
>
> Is that correct ?

My understanding of TA's is the prescription level is a statement about
the predicate in cases where the prerequisite is true.

If the prerequisite is false, then the test is skipped.

So a mandatory requirement would have a null prerequisite, or some other
notation saying that that TA always applies as well as a "mandatory"
prescription level.  But an optional requirement would have a non-null
prerequisite and/or a non-mandatory prescription level.

-Rob