oic message

Subject: OIC TC 2009-06-03 Coordination Call Minutes

OIC TC 2009-06-03 COORDINATION CALL MINUTES

Date:  Wednesday, 3 June 2009
Time:  13:30 - 14:30 UT

1. LOGISTICS
   ---------

The chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oic (doesn't count as attendance)

The call-in numbers: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200903/msg00017.html
   *** NOTE: A New Pass Code has been assigned for these calls.
Meeting agendas also provide the pass codes and the call-in numbers:
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200906/msg00001.html>

The action items (log-in required):
  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php

1.1 ROLL CALL AND QUORUM CHECK
The roll call confirmed a quorum with 8 of 10 Voting Members in attendance (6 required).

    MEMBERS IN ATTENDANCE

    * Peter Junge, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
    * Bart Hanssens, Fedict (Chair)
    * Donald Harbison, IBM
    * Mingfei Jia, IBM
    * Robert Weir, IBM
    * Dennis Hamilton, Individual (secretary)
    * Stephen Peront, Microsoft
    * Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
      Louis Suarez-Potts, Sun Microsystems

      [* = Voting Member at start of meeting]

    MEMBERS ABSENT

      Charles Schulz, Ars Aperta
      Xiaohong Dong, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
      Alex Wang, Beijing Sursen International
      Jeremy Allison, Google Inc.
      Pierre Ducroquet, Individual
      Andreas Guelzow, Individual
      Thorsten Zachmann, Individual
      Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
      Eric Patterson, Microsoft
      Tom Rabon, Red Hat
      Aslam Raffee, South Africa Dept. of Science & Technology
      Mathias Bauer, Sun Microsystems
      Bend Eilers, Sun Microsystems
      Daniel Rentz, Sun Microsystems
      Jerry Smith, US Department of Defense

1.2 ACCEPTANCE OF PREVIOUS MINUTES: [accepted without comment]
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200905/msg00045.html>

1.3 ACCEPTANCE OF TODAY'S AGENDA: [added TAG TC discussion, section 1.5]
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200906/msg00001.html>

1.4 RESULTS OF ODEF LIAISON TC BALLOT
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/ballot.php?id=1702>
Bart Hanssens has been approved ast the OIC TC Liaison to the European Commission IDABC Program ODEF Project.

1.5 HAVING A LIAISON TO THE OASIS TAG TC
We agree that it would be valuable to have a closer arrangement.  Dennis offers to become a liaison to the TAG TC.  Dennis is becoming of that TC and Bart will post  another ballot (now here):
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/ballot.php?id=1713>

2. STATUS OF ACTION ITEMS
   ----------------------

   The action items (log-in required):
   http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oic/members/action_items.php
   [Only currently-open items are reviewed]

#0001 OpenDocument Fellowship Contact for Test Documents: Rob has recent exchange with Intel and the person who needs to approve is identified.  Response is expected to take a couple of weeks.  Rob will follow-up indicating that there is an opportunity to promote this material at the Hague Interop Plugfest if permission were available in time.

#0015 Create Template Scenario: To be done after #0016.  This is not being worked on until then. (no change)

#0016 Start Experimental Explosion of ODF 1.1.  The Experimental Explosion has started and Dennis will post his report subsequent to the(se) minutes.  Dennis renews his promise to get this done or be subject to a 30-hit point dice roll.

#0023 Outline for Test Case Submissions.  Mingfei has submitted new comments, related to the Conformance Assessment Method Specification.
He notes that context for test case has changed.  The test case does not have test assertions.  There is also confusion of scenarious and test cases.  We should perhaps clear that up, not using scenario in the folder name for test cases on SVN.  We hve no procedure for how test cases are reviewed.  We might want to blend the wiki page on how that is done.  We should all review.  We considered closing this item because it is an on-going item and then concluded to leave it open so that it automatically comes up for review in meeting agendas.

#0026 Test Scenarios - Process for Additions.  Stephen is putting together a spreadsheet case and will post it this week.  Availability by end of week may also be useful for the Hague event on June 15.

#0027 Test Scenarios - How to Submit Material.  This is seen as related to #0026.

#0028 Interoperability Plugfest.  Don reports work in progress, digging into the new policy coming from OASIS.

3. DELIVERABLES
   ------------

3.1 STATE OF INTEROPERABILITY
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200904/msg00019.html>
No updates this time, and the Hague workshop taking priority for now.

3.2 CONFORMANCE ASSESSMENT METHOD SPECIFICATION, 2d working draft
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200905/msg00050.html>
Has an updated document (wd02).  Dennis will reply after this meeting week.  Comments from Mingfei Jia apply here too.  Bart welcomes more input.  Dennis points out that there was some off-line feedback from a TAG TC member on our use of their nomenclature and we might want to review to see if that has all been addressed.

4. APPLICATION SCENARIO FOR JUNE INTEROPERABILITY EVENT
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oic/200905/msg00048.html>
<http://www.odfworkshop.nl/>
Rob sees that the examples case identifies the prerequisites on what is necessary to execute the test, but nothing for assessing the results of the test.  A check-list of questions to be addressed is needed.  We discussed Bart's text document with embedded table.  There is a link to the latest on it in the agenda (just above).  Bart has done a bit more on the test.

Other test scenarios are invited, with attention to ones that are easy for people to grasp and people can identify with it.  Bart talks about how this is the level of thing that people can get their teeth into.

Concerning attendance at the event, Rob Weir will be there, Mingfei Jia may be there.  Bart will be there.  Someone from Sun is expected (Oliver Wittman).  Bart will send out his contact information while there.  He arrives Sunday afternoon.

With regard to the tests, it is important that whoever brings one needs to be prepared for the scenario.  Bart and Rob will do that.  If someone other than Stephen comes from Microsoft, the request is that they be prepared with what they need to introduce the scenario.

5. ROUND TABLE
   -----------

Don Harbison talked about OOoCon 2007 in early September and how the organizers are considering an interoperability day in Orvieto, Italy.  The latest suggestion seems to be more presentation and speaker oriented than as a plugfest.  Bart will add an action item to track this.  We have an opportunity here.  We probably need to be pro-active, especially before July-August holiday periods take everyone's attention in Europe.

6. FUTURE MEETING PLANNING
   -----------------------

6.1 NEW BUSINESS [none]

6.2 CURRENT SCHEDULE

Next meeting is June 17, the day after the two-day Hague event.

7. END OF MEETING
We ended early, at 14:16Z.

Respectfully submitted,

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org