oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Advisory 00007 - Table Rows / Table Columns

I checked the ODF 1.0 schema.  It winds all over the place but it is how groups get put inside in various places, including within <table:table-rows>.  Please double-check for me.  I will look again too.  I'll probably have to do some diagramming to have it be certain.

Hmm, in ODF 1.2 it is the opposite of what I said. A <table:table-row-group> has <table:table-rows> children.  The <table:table-rows> is the only way to get <table:table-row>s into a <table:table-row-group> (beside via <table:table-header-rows> in the group.  Also, in ODF 1.2 section 9.1.7 is interesting about all <table:table-header-rows> being repeated on every page, since those can be headers in groups. Note the apparent contradiction in ODF 1.2 9.1.9.  <table:table-row-group>s can have <table:table-header-rows> children, so those headers must be different than ones that "appear as table headers."

I wonder if I inverted it when eyeballing the ODF 1.0 schema or there is a difference between the ODF 1.0 and ODF 1.2 schemas.  I'll check further later today.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: oic@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:oic@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Andreas J. Guelzow
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 22:00
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org

On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 22:29 -0600, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I went back to ODF 1.0 to find out what this is about.  I didn't
> figure out how it works for <table:table-columns> but when I looked at
> headers, and they are definitely considered "grouped."

How do you get that these groups can have their own headers?

In ODF 1.0 in 8.2.4 you have:

A table must not contain more than one
follow another <table:table-rows> element. The only exception are tables
that contain grouped rows (see 8.2.5). Such tables contain more than one
different row groups and the rows contained in the elements are
adjacent.

Note that the "grouping" of rows does not happen with table:table-rows
but with table:table-row-group.

> Now, in many arrangements with nested groups, it is desirable to
> repeat the group headers for any group that is split across pages.

Which group headers?

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA