oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Advisory 00007 - Table Rows / Table Columns

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 18:24 -0600, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Did you look at the final statement about which has precedence when
> there is a conflict between the text and the schema for ODF 1.2?
>
>     > IMPORTANT NOTE: The ODF 1.2 Schema is no different.  For ODF 1.2, it
>     > is the schema that is authoritative, not the text.  How grand.
>
> I also don't see any reason why the schema can't be completely precise about this.

I am not sure what that NOTE really means. Clearly there is more to ODF
1.2 than just the schema. So there has to be something to the text.

> So consider the following abbreviated element structure:

> which appears to be completely legal

legal in the schema sense but it clearly violates ODF 1.2 section 9.1.7:

A table shall not contain more than one <table:table-header-rows>
element, except that the table contains grouped rows defined by one or
more <table:table-row-group> 9.1.9 elements. In this case, the table and
each distinct group may contain one <table:table-header-rows> element,
if and only if the table rows contained in the <table:table-header-rows>
elements are adjacent.

In your example the table rows contained in the

If there is no meaning to that paragraph, then why is it in ODF 1.2!?

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA
Concordia University College of Alberta