Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft proposal, or brain dump

I agree that we need something somewhere so that folks (like myself) can
get up to speed and/or research the materials at hand.  But I believe
that a) we should be vendor neutral, and b) that this discussion about
wiki/google docs/whatever may be needed, but is off topic.

Google as a company has openly supported ODF.  To use their products
(google docs) may open us up to the perception of favortism, vendor
preference, and even worse, vendor influence.  I don't really think this
is a huge problem at all, in this case, but have learned from past
experience with the local Linux User Group that perception can make or
break a project.  So I'd rather avoid that issue outright, if possible.

I was going to ask if there was some place where I could go and
determine who is who, research the rules/regulations involved, and
otherwise get up to speed so I can (possibly) contribute in a more
meaningful manner.  This Wiki idea sounds like the place for that.  In
the mean time any other useful URLs for me to investigate?

And this thread has now drifted off topic from it's stated subject.. :)

My thoughts (for what they are worth).

Shawn