Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft proposal, or brain dump

Shawn <sgrover@open2space.com> wrote on 06/09/2008 02:40:26 PM:

> I was going to ask if there was some place where I could go and
> determine who is who, research the rules/regulations involved, and
> otherwise get up to speed so I can (possibly) contribute in a more
> meaningful manner.  This Wiki idea sounds like the place for that.  In
> the mean time any other useful URLs for me to investigate?

I'm not sure were you are going with this, but I'll try to help.

Who is who -- I can't help you much there.  We're currently working in a pre-formation, discussion mode to prepare a charter for a new OASIS TC.  The members of this list include OASIS members, both corporate and individual, OASIS staff, representatives from government, from FOSS projects, some people closely associated with ODF, and some who are not.  We have a good number of lurkers as well.  We'll remain in the state for up to 90 days, or until we decide to move forward with a proposed charter, whichever comes first.

AS for rules/regulations involved, the applicable ones are those defined by the OASIS Policies and Procedures defined here: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/policies_procedures.php

In particular, I believe the following are the most relevant:

1) We're currently working in the "TC Discussion List" mode as defined by OASIS TC Process, section 2.1:  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#discussLists

2) Once we create a proposed charter, we follow section 2.2 "TC Formation" http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#formation

3) In order to create the charter, we will need to propose an IPR mode, one of the three defined modes in the OASIS IPR Policy: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

4) Since a TC charter can indicate possible liaisons with other standards bodies, we should note the OASIS Liaison Policy: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#tcliaison