Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Re-focusing on the proposed Charter

2008/6/9  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:

> Sorry, I've been otherwise engaged today.  I'll need to go back and read the
> traffic from today, but it looks like we may be prematurely solving the
> interoperability problem, when we really need to first agree on a charter
> and then form a TC.
>
> Believe me, once we have a TC in place for this, we'll have an OASIS-hosted
> Wiki.  We'll also have mailing lists, action items trackers, document
> libraries, etc.  We'll have the ability to create subcommittees.  We'll have
> conference calls, face-to-face meetings if we want, etc.  We'll have all
> that infrastructure stuff available.  But the way the OASIS infrastructure
> is set up, this is all tied to TC membership, and until we have a TC, we
> can't tap into all that.

Not much point when we don't even have common terms of reference Rob.
I was hoping that by sharing a document which by agreement became
this groups output we could short circuit endless repeated emails.

Seems not.

> I've seen some documents float around that seemed more in the nature of a
> draft of one of the TC's deliverables, such as a draft or outline of a
> conformity assessment document.  That isn't a bad thing per se, but it is
> more in the nature of a possible contribution to this TC, once created.

Yes, intended as no more than that.

> If we focus on the charter task, we first note the requirements detailed in
> OASIS TC Process section 2.2

<snip/> Formal deliverables.

Later Rob.

We're talking over each others shoulders at the moment.

Now available googledocs, google site, wiki.

I'm out of here till you decide how to talk.