Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] MARBUX POINT OF ORDER, OBJECTION, AND SUGGESTIONS No. 1

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Vic <oasis@beer.org.uk> wrote:
>> Such difficulties are compounded by the lack of a competent system for
>> submission, tracking, and processing of  of agenda items, the order in
>> which they are being processed, a specified format and means of
>> identification for submission of agenda items.
>
> If that's a real objection, I'd be glad to host a tracking system for such
> submissions.
>
> If it's just an excuse for delay, I shall be sorely disappointed...

I think it would make all the difference in the world if Rob exercises
the leadership the formation notice granted him to bring some order to
this madness. It isn't an excuse for delay. But if Rob is just going
to arbitrarily decide what does and does not go into the charter as he
has been doing, I don't think a tracking system for what he's doing
beyond the page already set up for that purpose helps anyone else.

I'm thinking about creating a shadow to Rob's proposed charter that
offers an alternative charter that is actually aimed at achieving
interoperability and conforming to the law governing interoperability.
But I'd have to do some thinking about whether I have the stamina to
help organize a mirror group that agrees on a chairman and sets up a
far less arbitrary process for decisions-making. I wouldn't want to
chair it myself. I want to be in an advocacy role on these issues.

I've got the keys to a Drupal 5.x site with no bandwidth concerns,
linked in my signature. But my Drupal abilities are not yet to where I
could set it up quickly there myself. If someone with the right skills
wanted to help, I could give them admin rights to set it up. I'm
guessing that there probably is at least one existing Drupal module
that would be suitable for the project admin stuff. If someone has the
keys to a list server, we could start with a single list to talk about
what committtes are needed and then set up separate lists for each
committee, using the original list for coordination issues.

Let me know if you interested in doing it on either your own or on my
site. In any event, thank you for the offer.

Best regards,.

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--
Universal Interoperability Council