Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] MARBUX POINT OF ORDER, OBJECTION, AND SUGGESTIONS No. 1

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM, <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Paul, are you aware of the running summary here:  http://sites.google.com/a/odfiic.org/tc/Home ?

That might help you catch up to the current state of discussions, what has already been discussed, what topics remain, etc.

As the initiator and primary contributor to this site I have been investing more of my personal time into reading every post in every thread (rather than complaining about the volume) with a view to documenting all the pertinent points. While there is a large amount of input to process there are some good ideas coming forward and in the worst case they don't get addressed now and the TC itself (who will have the luxury of time) will be able to pull them from the archives (which should probably be listed as a resource).

The best advice I can give you is that if you want your ideas to end up in the TC charter then please ensure that they are concise and relevant, and ideally identify the section to which they should apply; this will make my life easier and ensure that they don't get lost in long (and largely off-topic) threads. If I do miss anything then follow up with me and I'll either include it or tell you why I haven't and seek consensus.

Note also that while Rob may be leading the discussion, I am documenting it (though anyone is welcome to request an account and contribute - special thanks to those who already have) and I can assure you that my judgement is not being clouded by any connection to any of the vendors. While I have until now resisted the urge to give up my neutrality by coming to his defense I have yet to be given any reason to believe that Rob's is either; quite the contrary in fact.

Finally, as an Australian in Europe I have little interest in the intricacies of the American legal system and I am sure that I am not alone; I'm here, like many of us, volunteering my time with the noble goal of making ODF truly and seamlessly interoperable. If the signal-to-noise ratio of this (and related) threads doesn't significantly improve I'm going to take advantage of having an intelligent threaded reader and murder it.

Cheers,

Sam

--
Sam Johnston