Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Which is definitive odf?

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed for the clarification of 'official' but for me it's more important
> that the /output/ of the TC matches the currently available version; if 1.2
> arrives a day after the TC is formed it should still be considered/targeted.
>
> Conversely a 1.2 release on the eve of the deliverables being delivered
> should not invalidate them. Perhaps something like:
>
> The TC will target /at least/ the most recent official OASIS release of ODF
> (1.1 at the time of writing).

-1 Sam.
Rationale.
Lets say the TC works for 3...24 months, whatever.
During that time they need (IMHO) a stable standard from which to work.

And which part of what I said implied that this would not be the case? The point is to have the TC looking at a recent release, but to give them some room to move... tying them to the version available at launch time or release time is not really workable.

To 'keep up to date' is the issue.
Suggest a request to the main TC to identify (change markup) all changes
to an existing document with each release such that this TC can
identify changes.

So you want them to target multiple releases? If they have the bandwidth then all the better...

Another one would be to produce a version (xhtml) which had navigable
ID values to check tests against links to the standard.

I've mentioned this in a previous thread too - even if the ToC within the spec document(s) are currently broken, the anchors themselves are there and can be referenced as I have in a number of my posts (you just have to view source to get them).

Sam