Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] PROPOSAL -- Name change for proposed TC

2008/6/18 marbux <marbux@gmail.com>:
> PROBLEM STATEMENT
>
> The name for the proposed TC is currently proposed as "ODF
> Implementation, Interoperability and Conformance Technical Committee"
> ("OIIC TC")
>
> That is a mouthful unlikely to be understood by those who do not
> understand the technology and know what the acronym "ODF" means.
>
> PROPOSAL
>
> I propose instead that the TC be named the "OpenDocument Exchange
> Formats Technical Committee ("ODEF TC").

I also find it bad practice to be so close to an EU proposal.

Alternative proposal.

 "ODF Interoperability and Conformance Technical Committee"

Telling Sun/IBM/FOSS guys how to do their job is
stupid and a waste of time.

Give them something to test compliance with a workable
standard (Conformance testing) and they might react positively
(sidestepping Pauls assertions).

Interop responses would be a recommendation back to the main TC.
Conformance would be a test specification.
Profiles (the exchange profile is the most interesting one yet Paul) would
be a bonus.