Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Joining the new TC -- Who is in, who is out?

2008/6/19  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:

>> > I'd appreciate it if each interested subscriber could send me a note,
>> > answering the following questions:
>>
>> > 3) If not, is there anything specific that could be added, removed or
>> > changed in the proposed charter that would lead you to join OASIS and
>> > the
>> > proposed TC?
>>
>> Which proposed charter?
>> The one this group were given in the call?
>> The one at
> http://sites.google.com/a/odfiic.org/tc/Home   (barely started)
>> The one Michael seems to think you are going to present for consensus?
>>
>> Which charter Rob?
>>

> The one implied by the proposals to the list for which there here appears to
> be a consensus.  I know that is fuzzy-edged set, but that's OK.  I'm not
> taking a vote, I'm just seeing what direction the wind is blowing.

No, it's not OK for me Rob.
Many of us have put forward ideas.
Some may|may not have had support. No summary anywhere.

I don't see consensus on much besides:

1. The compliance | interop work should be done (for users if nothing else).
2. profiles belong in there somewhere.
3. We need a mechanism to feed back to the main TC.

Besides that?

Lots to do on interop to make it clear what is meant. I.e. no real consensus
   on what it is.

We don't know what we're asking for compliance against.

And that's ignoring tangents.