Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Feedback to the ODF TC

2008/6/23  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:

> "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 06/22/2008 07:57:33 AM:
>>

>> This is why the TC needs to be able to feed these examples back to the
>> main TC for cleanup.
>> This should be a deliverable.
>>

> Would you want this as a formal report, where the proposed TC reviews the
> ODF standard and comes up with a list of such ambiguous clauses, much as the
> Accessibility TC reviewed ODF 1.0 and wrote up recommendations?

I see this as a side effect of reviewing the spec for conformance checks?
And yes, I think it should be a formal report (with early access if feasible)
to the main TC, with a clear expectation that a response is given to each
and every clause.

> Or are you suggesting that these instances would be naturally found in the
> process of creating our test requirements document, and as we search for
> testable provisions in the ODF standard, such ambiguous statements would be
> reported, individually, to the ODF TC?

Too easy for this to be lost in the noise. I'll give credence to Pauls
view here. Especially since Oasis
has no bugzilla system to retain a log on public view.