Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Profiles: suggested use-cases

marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 06/29/2008 10:14:57 PM:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 7:02 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Marbux wrote:

<Snip>

> Your resistance to defining the goal of this TC in unambiguous terms
> is an absolute barrier to consensus:

<snip>

> There is no "us" before there is consensus. My consensus requires at
> minimum that you be far more specific in the mission statement for
> this TC.

<snip>

Paul, you are confusing consensus with unanimity.  Unanimity is not required, especially where there is no consensus that the outlier has a valid point.

Andy
Any tax information or written tax advice contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.  (The foregoing legend has been affixed pursuant to U.S. Treasury Regulations governing tax practice.)

Electronic mail from Gesmer Updegrove LLP, 40 Broad Street, Boston, MA 02109. Voice: (617) 350-6800, Fax: (617) 350-6878.  This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee.  It may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient or such recipient's employee or agent, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify Christopher O'Sullivan at  (617) 350-6800 and notify the sender by electronic mail.  Please expunge this communication without making any copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.