Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Sun validation suite

Dave Pawson wrote:
> Since the main TC seem reluctant to announce it.

This is nothing that the ODF TC has created, but Sun's OpenOffice.org
team. So if someone should have announced this on this list, it should
have been me, or one of my Sun colleagues.

Actually I thought about announcing the new service/tool here, but this
list is about discussing the charter of a new TC. I failed to see how
the existence of a particiluar validation/conformance check service is
related to the creation of a TC charter, in particular if there is a
consensus that the new TC may provide a list of conformance tests that
may be implemented by tools, but will not provide implementations of
these. But of cause the OOo validation tool is one of the
implementations that may implement the conformance tests that the new TC
may create.

Anyway, if you think it is useful to list the service on the wiki pages,
then this is okay for me.

Michael

> http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/openoffice_org_odf_validation_service
>
> I would like to announce the availability of a new ODF Validation
> service at openoffice.org.  ....
>
> I've added it to the wiki pages.
>
> regards

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org