Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Sun validation suite

2008/7/3 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
<Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
> Dave Pawson wrote:
>>
>> Since the main TC seem reluctant to announce it.
>
> This is nothing that the ODF TC has created, but Sun's OpenOffice.org team.
> So if someone should have announced this on this list, it should have been
> me, or one of my Sun colleagues.
>
> Actually I thought about announcing the new service/tool here, but this list
> is about discussing the charter of a new TC. I failed to see how the
> existence of a particiluar validation/conformance check service is related
> to the creation of a TC charter,

(2)(a) Identification of similar or applicable work that is being done
in other OASIS TCs or by other organizations, why there is a need for
another effort in this area and how this proposed TC will be
different, and what level of liaison will be pursued with these other
organizations.

I thought that might make it relevant.