Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Sun validation suite

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@sun.com> wrote:
Dave Pawson wrote:
Since the main TC seem reluctant to announce it.

This is nothing that the ODF TC has created, but Sun's OpenOffice.org team. So if someone should have announced this on this list, it should have been me, or one of my Sun colleagues.

Actually I thought about announcing the new service/tool here, but this list is about discussing the charter of a new TC. I failed to see how the existence of a particiluar validation/conformance check service is related to the creation of a TC charter, in particular if there is a consensus that the new TC may provide a list of conformance tests that may be implemented by tools, but will not provide implementations of these. But of cause the OOo validation tool is one of the implementations that may implement the conformance tests that the new TC may create.

Anyway, if you think it is useful to list the service on the wiki pages, then this is okay for me.

Looks on topic to me, and probably worth mentioning as an existing technical resource in the charter.

Sam

--
Australian Online Solutions
http://www.aos.net.au/