oodf-board message

Subject: Re: [oodf-board] Update on Waymo and others

Hi Angela, Seleta,

Let me shed some light on Cathie's comment "we need to determine if OMF is an ongoing entity for auditing purposes"

While our independent financial audit is primarily a backward looking document (it reports on 2021Âactivities) there is a requirement that the auditors clearly identify in the auditor's report if OASIS Open or any of its series entities (like OMF) are not likely to survive financially for 12 months following the report.ÂÂ

While you folks have done commendable work in recruiting new members and enabling the voluntary contributions, we all know the challenges. BecauseÂso much of your revenue comes at once, after the audit is complete, it makes the auditor's evaluation challenging in that predicting future renewal decisionsÂis hard for you and I - but harder for the auditor.

If the audit has to report that it is unclearÂif OMF is financially viable for the forward 12 months, thatÂnotation will appear in the audit document we make public. We do not widely publicize the audit, but it is posted on our public website. We might imagine this is not of great interest broadly to most folks, but for those that take due diligence most seriously, they do read it (and most frequently, in my casual observation, when making their first decision to join/fund the organization)

I hope this helps to explain the contextÂof Cathie's question and illustrates the importance of getting the most current and accurate answer to the auditor.

Scott...