openc2-actuator message

Subject: Re: [openc2-actuator] SLPF Note

Alex,

Your description looks adequate and understandable for the different use cases and types of SLPF.

1) End-device fw
2)Intermediary device fw

This description allows changing the default directionality when the argument is not specified from âboth" to âingress" and be fault tolerant now (it is explained why on 113 GitHub issue).

-Vasileios

Direction is required by some packet filters. For a host-based or host interface-based packet filter, ingress indicates a packet that originated from a different host. For a network-based packet filter, such as a router or a switch, ingress indicates a packet entering a physical or logical interface that your organization controls.

The inbound I guess meant to be ingress.

-Vasileios