Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MSOffice 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

As the original poster of the question (remember the question?) I've got to strongly agree with Mr. Cowan.

If I am engaging in an online list to ask specific questions related the specific focus of the list, I'd prefer the responses stay on topic.

My question related to how I was using one app (OO.org 3.1) to create an ODF document.  I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong, and if maybe there are better practices I could be using.  For example, I set the save format to ODF 1.1, and I used page anchoring for my images and real images instead of links to images.  I thought all of that would help.  But perhaps there is something additional I should have been doing.  Maybe there is guide somewhere out there for how to use ODF applications in ways that maximize interoperability.

I was hoping to have a discussion of opendocument use, on the opendocument-users list.

John C.

John C. Cody, Associate Counsel
Office of the NYS Chief Information Officer/NYS Office for Technology
http://www.cio.ny.gov
[The statements expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the policies, practices or opinions of my employer or anyone else.  Nothing herein constitutes legal advice - if you need legal advice, please consult your own attorney.]

-----Original Message-----
From: John Cowan [mailto:cowan@ccil.org]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 10:57 AM
To: marbux
Cc: robert_weir@us.ibm.com; opendocument-users@lists.oasis-open.org

marbux scripsit:

> If that is true, then I apologize for that error. I had this weird
> idea that your incessant pushing for plugfests might have had
> something to do with the event's instigation.

An apology immediately followed by a snipe is no apology at all.

Please stop this ranting.  You are exhibiting the classical sign of a
fanatic: someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Repeating yourself ad nauseam will not help your case.

This list was formerly low-traffic, interesting, and moderately useful.
It is now none of those things.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan@ccil.org