[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Cody, John (OFT)<John.Cody@cio.ny.gov> wrote: > As the original poster of the question (remember the question?) I've got to strongly agree with Mr. Cowan. > > If I am engaging in an online list to ask specific questions related the specific focus of the list, I'd prefer the responses stay on topic. > > My question related to how I was using one app (OO.org 3.1) to create an ODF document. I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong, and if maybe there are better practices I could be using. For example, I set the save format to ODF 1.1, and I used page anchoring for my images and real images instead of links to images. I thought all of that would help. But perhaps there is something additional I should have been doing. Maybe there is guide somewhere out there for how to use ODF applications in ways that maximize interoperability. > > I was hoping to have a discussion of opendocument use, on the opendocument-users list. Tell you what, John. I've got better things to work on than chasing Rob Weir around the mulberry bush some more. So I'll drop out and let Rob have the last word. Sorry you fell for the IBM smoke and mirrors. Been there, done that. I had hoped to save you from it. But I get the message that you're not in the mood. Best regards, Paul -- Universal Interoperability Council <http:www.universal-interop-council.org>