oslc-promcode message

Subject: RE: [oslc-promcode] Version Control Commit by f-jiang

Arthur,

Thank your for summarizing the last discussion. It was great help.

I have just updated shape documents except some unclear points.

* Should we also add shapes for ems:Metric and ems:UnitOfMeasure?
  - originally, they were outside of our spec, so I didn't make shapes for them nor range definition to their inbound links
  - similarly on ems:Measure, but we had corresponding resource inside of our spec, so now we have its shape

* Should we change to promcode:scopeItemSizeMetric?
  - your suggestion sounds reasonable in case if we include ems:Metric to the spec

--
Kaz

-----Original Message-----
From: oslc-promcode@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:oslc-promcode@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 11:00 PM
To: Funakoshi Kazuhiro(船越 和大)
Cc: oslc-promcode@lists.oasis-open.org

Funakoshi-san,

Here are the changes we discussed last meeting:

Replace the class promcode:Measure with ems:Measure.
ems:Measure is therefore an external class, like foaf:Person.
ems:Measure has the following properties:
- dcterms:title, which corresponds to promcode:title
- ems:metric, which corresponds to promcode:typeOfMeasure
- ems:unitOfMeasure, which corresponds to promcode:unitOfMeasure
- ems:numericValue, which corresponds to promcode:value

Replace the class MeasureType with ems:Metric

Replace the class UnitType with ems:UnitOfMeasure

Replace the property promcode:observes with ems:observes (this links promcode:Measurement to ems:Measure).

Yes, the range of promcode:determines is ems:Measure.

No, do not replace promcode:Measurement by ems:Measurement at this time.
They are very similar, but ems:Measurement is not an exact match for PROMCODE. However, even if we did adopt ems:Measurement it is
OK to add more properties like promcode:measures. The list of properties we use goes into the Resource Shape that PROMCODE provides
for each resource type. RDF is different than OO design in this respect. Leave promcode:measures as is.

Also, I suggest the following name change. Rename promcode:typeOfScopeItemSize to promcode:scopeItemSizeMetric. This links promcode:
Project to ems:Metric. We can be more precise here because ems:Metric has a subclass ems:SizeMetric. The range of
promcode:scopeItemSizeMetric is ems:SizeMetric. We could add a subclass arrow from ems:SizeMetric to ems:Metric in the Domain Model
diagram.

Arthur Ryman, PhD
Distinguished Engineer | Master Inventor | Academy of Technology Chief Data Officer, Application Platform IBM Systems | Middleware
905.413.3077 (phone) | 416.939.5063 (cell) IBM InterConnect 2015