Subject: RE: [pkcs11] PKCS#11 missing or incorrect definitions

Hi Oscar

Right, I follow you there.  I was missing where the new struct was as well.

Thanks

--Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar So [mailto:oscar.so@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 2:28 PM
To: Chris Zimman
Cc: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Chris,

The issue is with:
CK_ULONG_PTR ulPasswordLen;
in CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS.

It should not be a pointer to ULONG. It should just be:
CK_ULONG ulPasswordLen;

The straw poll suggested that we should NOT change "CK_ULONG_PTR ulPasswordLen" inside CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS, we should define a NEW struct for CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS.
And, we should deprecate CK_PKCS5_PBKD2_PARAMS.

Refer to:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/49138/ballot_2399.html?referring_url=%2Fkws
"Create new mechanism/structure and deprecating existing. 28 84 28/33"

BUT,
I could not find where this NEW struct is ?

Thanks,
Oscar