[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Report from today's PKI TC meeting
At today's meeting, the PKI TC congratulated us on a job well done with our recent survey. Way to go, team! The TC also agreed with most of our recommendations for next steps. They agreed that we should have a followup survey in August, aiming to get more detail on the obstacles identified in the June survey. And they agreed that we should then have a face-to-face meeting in September to discuss what actions should be taken to address the obstacles we have identified. However, they decided that our report on the June 2003 survey should not be released to the public, but only to respondents to that survey. Once we have the extra detail provided by our August survey and a plan of action to address the identified obstacles (developed at our September face-to-face meeting), then we will release our report (first for review by other PKI expert groups and then to the public). This sounds very sensible to me. So it's time to get moving again! I will finish up the Report on the June 2003 Survey and send a final draft out to you by the end of this week for your review and approval. I'll note what has changed in the email for your convenience. We also need to develop our follow-up survey. And we need to do this promptly so that we can run it during August. I suggest that we start by having a concall where we will brainstorm questions for the survey. In a moment, I will send an email to this list asking you to help select a date and time for this concall. Thanks, Steve P.S. Sharon Boeyen tells me she's planning to join the Survey SC. It will be great to have her on our team! Until I hear that she has actually joined, I will cc her on our emails and ask that you do the same.
S/MIME Cryptographic Signature