Subject: RE: [pki-tc] PLEASE REVIEW the draft PKI Obstacles survey

Steve,

> I agree with your point. But I find your wording somewhat
> intricate. I'd like something simpler that still clearly
> communicates the same concept. Any ideas? Maybe
> "Complex for IT Staff"?

It seems there are really two separate issues here. One dealing with installation and the other dealing with administering/managing the PKI system after installation. It could be that IT staff believes they are capable of installing a PKI, but that it is too difficult and/or time consuming to maintain it so they have never installed one. Rather than try to combine these two into a one-line question I think it should be split into two: "Complex Installation" and "Difficult for IT to Maintain."

> I want to keep the sectors and industries in this popup broad.
> A category like "Sales" should be fine, since it can include
> retailers and wholesalers (whether online, bricks-and-mortar,
> or a mix). And we should probably add a category for "Finance",
> since that's a huge part of "Other Services" with lots of PKI
> interest.

"Sales" is good and I like "Finance" as an additional category as well.

> Maybe we should add a sentence saying "Toward that end, we have
> created this survey." Would that address your concern?

Yes, I think that will convey both the purpose of the survey and its importance.

Thanks,

Todd