Subject: ACTION REQUESTED: Getting Supporters for PKI Action Plan

We have been working to gather supporters for our
PKI Action Plan for a week or two now. I want to
provide an update and encourage us to do more.

First, the update. emails have gone out to all
the survey respondents and many (most?) of the
PKI stakeholders identified in our Action Plan
Supporter Plan. So far, five organizations and
thirteen individuals have signed up as supporters.
The list is at the end of this message.

This is good progress. More people will sign on
in the next week so we'll have a nice list when
we kick off the Action Plan at the RSA Conference.

But I want more! I'm the only PKI TC member
who is listed as a supporter. That must be an
accidental omission! Please send an email to
pki-tc-chair@lists.oasis-open.org and tell me
and John that it's OK to list your name as a
supporter. Don't forget to tell us how you want
your name to appear ("Dr. John Frobotz, CISSP").
You probably thought you'd be listed automatically
as a supporter, but I want to have an explicit
email on file authorizing your name to be listed.

And what about your employers? I know it's hard
to get a large company to officially support
anything, but it can be done. I got Sun to agree
to support the PKI Action Plan in only a week!
I had to pull some strings and call in some
political favors but it can be done. It's also
good to get VIPs and executives to be listed as
individual supporters. Don't worry about excess
here! And if you have friends at other companies
who might be interested, please ask them.

Note also the recent email from Carol Geyer of
OASIS asking for quotes for our press release.
All OASIS Sponsor companies are eligible to
supply a quote. Don't be left out! If nothing
more, ask your boss for a quote and get it
cleared through corporate PR. Your boss will
be honored! Our choose an important VP who
you want to butter up. Remember the deadline
is Wednesday, February 18. Email quotes to
carol.geyer@oasis-open.org.

BTW, I will be incommunicado for the next week.
Contact John Sabo (john.t.sabo@ca.com) in my
absence. I'll see you in San Francisco for the
PKI F2F and the PKI Action Plan rollout. What
a time we'll have!

Thanks,

Steve

-----------

PKI Action Plan supporters as of February 14, 2004

Organizations

Ascertia Limited
Izecom BV
Paperless Chile
SETECS Corporation
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Individuals (alphabetical by last name)

Dr. Whitfield Diffie, Sun Fellow, Chief Security Officer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Joseph A. Doekbrijder, SwissSign AG
James Falkner, Enterprise Software Deployment Architect, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Philip Fulchino, Director of Product Management, RSA Security, Inc.
Per Hagero, CISA, Principal Product Manager, PortWise AB
Stephen Hanna, Senior Staff Engineer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Dr. Stephen Kent
Liaquat Khan, CTO, Ascertia Limited
Dr. Sead Muftic, President/CEO, SETECS Corporation
Dr. Radia Perlman, Distinguished Engineer, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
David Skyberg, Director of Engineering, RSA Security, Inc.
Pablo Vicuņa Tupper, Paperless Chile, CDO Founder
David L. Wasley, IT Infrastructure Planner, Univ. of Calif, Office of the President