Subject: On /IGNORE

On /IGNORE.

If in the DEX it is specified that certain attributes are not used, and implementations are based on DEXs, then why clutter the exchange file with extra strings? These extra attribute values add nothing semantically, and in fact you could argue that an empty string in P21 or an omitted element in XML is a more semantically accurate way to deal with this.

So, I guess my question is… What was the rationale for this decision?

Cheers,

David