Subject: Location, location, location

I am about to start work to complete the development of Capability 027 Representing_location.

At the moment there are two capabilities recorded on DEXLib, C027 - as above and C049 Representing_product_location. There is currently no capability for Referencing_location or Assigning_location (which may be a more accurate description of the requirement).

While I understand the reason for the creation of C049 (and am aware that it is currently used in DEX 7), I believe we would be better served with a simple Representing / Referencing pair, the first (C027) providing usage guidance on the full scope of the location module in AP 239, including definition of a location reference, with the second simply making the location reference available for assignment.

Do members of the PLCS community have any views, one way or another, before work starts?