plcs message

Subject: RE: DEX 8

Title: Message
Thanks for your feedback Tom,

I conclude that this is a realistic scenario from the OEM perspective - but would also propose to widen this out to the greater audience to get other feedback - positive or negative...

cheers,
Tim
-----Original Message-----
From: tim turner [mailto:timturner11@bellsouth.net]
Sent: 20 August 2004 14:56
To: 'Hendrix, Thomas E'
Cc: Robert M Mcbride (E-mail)

Tom,

just wanted to further a topic of conversation regarding Product_as_planned.

My current understanding is that the life-cycle stage adds information as it progresses as follows;

Stage:            Example:                   Adds:
Design            Product/Part              Part Number
Manufacture    Product as Planned    Line Number
As-Built          Product as Realized   Serial Number

Is this how you see it too? I assume that the LN is to trace back to the production line so that the raw material, machines & tools used can be checked in case of a fault discovery later in life.

If this is the case, then do you have any examples of this?

For the product as planned, is this the only addition like this or are there others?

kind regards,
Tim