Subject: Re: [provision] RequestType should require requestID.

I forgot to mention another important reason to require requestID: the
"Hal Hole".  If the provider executes a requested operation
asynchronously (either because the requestor said so or because the
requestor let the provider decide so), then the provider must return a
requestID that the requestor can use to cancel or to check the status of
the operation.

If the original request contains a requestID, then the requestor knows
the requestID (even if the requestor for some reason does not receive
the provider's response).  If the original request lacks a requestID and
the requestor for some reason does not receive the provider's response,
then the requestor must use the 'statusAll' operation (i.e., 'status'
with no argument) to recover.  This hurts.

I think it would be much simpler (for the requestor, for the provider,
and for anyone reading the specification) to require requestID in each
request.