public-sector-cloud-discuss message

Subject: CLOUD REQUIREMENTS TC CHAIR

I have been very happy to act as Convenor for the proposed new TC and moderator of the Discussion List and will continue to do so until the first meeting of the TC.  But I have to inform everybody that I will not be standing for election as chair of the TC.

There are two basic reasons for this.  First, I plan to retire next year and as this is likely to be a very lengthy piece of work I do not want to start something that I am unlikely to finish.  Also I already chair 3 OASIS committees and taking on another one, particularly a complex one like this, will be too onerous.  I intend to be a member of the TC and contribute as necessary but being the chair requires a   different level of commitment.

Can I therefore ask potential candidate(s) to step forward so we can ensure a smooth transition and start-up of the new TC.  Obviously the chair has to be formally elected at the first meeting but sorting that problem in advance would be beneficial and avoid any delay.

Regards

John