Subject: RE: [regrep-semantic] Thoughts??? on Ontolog Invited Speaker Presentation - Leo Obrst

IMHO: Here's my shot at what I got out of the presentation. The more I
learn the bigger the problem gets.  I think that we just pulled down a
woolly mammoth and now we figure out how to cook it.

1.	The first time I heard the term "semantic content management", I
thought that there was a general consensus what was meant the term
content. I thought our sub-committee would have the opportunity to
define the semantic methods for dealing with this content. Now, I think
that we have to be concerned about what is meant by content. Is it a
Taxonomy, Thesaurus, Conceptual Model etc. or something yet to be
defined?

2.	I did not get a good sense of what was needed for registry
support. Have we identified all the natural constituents?

3.	Is there a Multi-level Semantic Content Use Case? What part
should the Registry have in enabling business transactions between
Organizations at different levels of Semantic Content development? What
can participants expect the Registry to provide when Company A that has
a Taxonomy wants to sell WIP (Work In Progress) goods to Company B which
has Conceptual Model. Company B wants to resell finished goods to Agency
C which has a Logical Theory Model.

Zachary Alexander
The IT Investment Architect
ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325