Subject: Use cases threads and template

Zachary Alexander wrote:
3.	Is there a Multi-level Semantic Content Use Case? What part
should the Registry have in enabling business transactions between
Organizations at different levels of Semantic Content development? What
can participants expect the Registry to provide when Company A that has
a Taxonomy wants to sell WIP (Work In Progress) goods to Company B which
has Conceptual Model. Company B wants to resell finished goods to Agency
C which has a Logical Theory Model.

I propose that we start our activity by first discussing use cases of semantic content management.

Here are some ideas for effective use case discussion:

-Keep use cases very clear and simpl. Avoid the less obvuious use cases initially. Go for the few use cases that are the most important.

-Start a thread on each use case with title prefix [Use Case] followed by a concise and clear title.

-Identify actors in the use case clearly

-Identify any other use case that the new use case extends or generalizes

-Optionally include a UML use case diagram

Eventually we could take the use case threads and distill into a "Semantic Content Management Use Case" document deliverable.

If any one has a template for email discussion of use cases please share on this thread. If not I will start a use case thread to serve as a sample.
We can discuss improvemnts to the template on this thread. After that others can submit new use cases as new threads following the suggested template.

--
Regards,
Farrukh