Subject: Re: [regrep] Describing ebXML Reg/Rep - observations from Santa Fe

Message text written by Farrukh Najmi
>I agree with what Erik Still and others have suggested. We should up the
ante on our marketing and awareness and vigorously deliver ebXML
Registry V3 with a splash. We also need to publish several Best Practice
papers. Thanks Joe for taking the lead on some of them.
<<<<

Farrukh,

I definately see that this is the key element on ebXML Registry
that users are waiting for.  V3.0 provides great incentive for
them to jump right in and start doing serious business metadata
semantics interoperability.

On the bigger picture of web services for ebusiness there
is much to be done yet on specification alignment and
coherence elsewhere.  Building buy-in and shared visions.

However - that's a whole another story - I agree that V3.0 shows
that this group has focused on the immediate needs of their
customers community.

And as you note - there are projects out there with leadership
potential to show in concrete success what people can
build next generation systems upon.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" comes
to mind at the moment - its all about end user confidence
and making people believe in themselves!

Cheers, DW.