Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry "Granularity"

Carl,

The Technical Notes are mainly targeted at vendor implementors, and are
also useful for current and potential users to learn various aspects of
the registry functionality.

I'll let David Webber respond to your question on the OASIS BCM
initiative.

Joe

CarlMattocks wrote:

> I agree with Joe that the market needs to be educated before they start heading down another path ... and I like a challenge . So here are my first thoughts ?
>
> are the Technical Notes targetted at 'vendor implementors' or 'user implementors' or 'both' ?
>
> could the Registry be positioned to support the BCM initiative ?
>

> Joe wrote:
>
> > What I would like to propose is that, in no greater than 3 months, we
> > make a big technical and marketing push to educate the world as to the
> > potential of granular registration and maintenance for an ebXML
> > Registry. I think a great first step would be the creation of a series
> > of Technical Notes that address (1) how to register and maintain
> > elements, attributes and datatypes in an ebXML Registry and (2) how to
> > register and maintain namespaces, and associate elements, attributes,
> > and datatypes with their namespaces.
> >
> > Then, we can combine this capability with CAM, and allow registry users
> > to assemble schemas using registered artifacts such as namespaces,
> > elements, attributes, and datatypes.
> >
> > Is anyone with me on this challenge?
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Joe
> >

> carl
> Carl Mattocks
> CEO CHECKMi
> e-mail: CarlMattocks@checkmi.com
> Business Agent Software that
> Secures Knowledge for Reputation:Protection
> CHECKMi Compendium the shortcut to Valued & Trusted Knowledge
> www.checkmi.com
> (usa)1-908-322-8715
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano