Subject: Re: [regrep] [RS Issue] Need clarification on comment on line 1410

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

>> Automatic notification to the owners of the references?
>

> I think there should be no automatic notifications in the system
> because notifications are expensive and should be tightly controlled.

I guess in practice, if a registry object is *really* important to a
user, they should subscrtibe to its' auditable events.  That way, if
they assert a reference or association, they do have a mechanism to be
notified and do something.

Duane

Senior Standards Strategist - Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT Bureau Plenary - http://www.unece.org/cefact/